Wall art in our NYC hotel..Loved it!
"Take a deep breath and hold a piece of sky in your mouth." How perfect is this as we are about to cross over into a new year with new possibilities and opportunities. I'm excited for what 2016 has to offer. I started 2015 as Miss George and I'm ending it as Mrs. Givens. My life since the aisle has been such a blessing. A huge adjustment, but it's come with the biggest reward ever. I'm jumping into 2016 with both feet and with my eyes wide open. Even greater is coming...
Okay, so here's how did I so with my 16 before 16 goals:
Finalize our wedding pictures and album.(Completed on 11/15) Felt good to get that weight off. Just soooo many amazing pictures to choose from. We even got our album just in time for Christmas and it looks so beautiful. I'm happy we have physical memories from that day because some of it is a blur :-)
- Complete 15 blog postings. Didn't publish 15, but I got 10 out. I would have made this goal if it wasn't for the holidays. Just so busy! The good thing is that I'm finally getting into the swing of things with my writing and scheduling. I think my next thing to do is get a nice planner to map out my timeline for the next few months. That would help a lot!
Finish Christmas shopping.(Completed 12/5) Display a random act of kindness for 5 different people. (Completed ???) This was hard to track. I realized I'm pretty kind on a daily basis LOL! So many tiny acts and a bunch of large ones too were done. I think I felt so much more pleasure from my "kindness" than the recipient! I won't go into everything I did and who I did it for. Just know this goal was completed successfully, and I don't need any extra accolades for it either ;-)
- Master 2 new recipes from my Pinterest boards. Failed! No excuse. Just didn't do it.
Take a picture in front of the Christmas tree at Rockefeller Center.(Completed 12/12) See pic below...I had the time of my life. NYC is beautiful during the holidays. Happy to have checked this off my bucket list!
- Bake 1 new treat for the holidays. Failed again!! I did eat plenty of holiday treats, but I didn't make any of them.
Join 2 blog networks.(Completed 12/28) So excited about these new networks. Will share more in the coming months. Things kickoff in January! Can't wait to see how my life/blog grows in 2016 :-) Pay off my car!!!(Completed 12/22) YAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!! Freedom!!!!! Get a manicure and pedicure. (Completed 12/29) Planning to do a weekly at home polish change and get a professional mani/pedi at least once a month. I deserve it!
- Read 1 book on the NY Times bestsellers list adn write a review. When did I have the time to do this??? Next!!! I did at least buy the book, The Husbands Secret by Liane Moriarty. Review coming soon...
- Plan to learn a new skill. Still thinking about this one...
- Decide on where we want to go for our next vacation and book it! Well we narrowed it down to Costa Rica, New Orleans, Mexico (Cancun or Cabo), or back to Jamaica. It changes everyday. Sigh...Hope to finalize this soon!
Earn my 'High Tops Badge" on my Fitbit for 20,000 steps in a day.(Completed 12/12) All that walking in NYC paid off!!
- Lose 10lbs. I just laughed reading this. Sigh...
Finish unpacking and complete Operation: Combine Our 2 Households Into 1.(Completed 11/29) It's official! We have a less cluttered home. I'm happy now.
P & the tree in NYC!
I'm not big on New Year's resolutions, but it's time to set some new goals. Having 2 months to complete this list made it more doable. I think I will keep that timeline...so here are my goals for Jan/Feb 2016....
- Complete 20 blog postings (this includes the balance from this year).
- Master 2 new recipes from my Pinterest boards.
- Bake 1 new treat for the holidays (Will need to do this in February after my fast and make the treat healthy so I don't ruin all my hard work. This will truly be a challenge!!).
- Read The Husbands Secret by Liane Moriarty.
- Plan to learn a new skill.
- Decide on where we want to go for our next vacation and book it!
- Set up budget/savings plan for next 6 months
- Buy new planner and plan blogs through February
- Begin training for 5K. I'm doing the Foam Glow 5K in April to help me with my fitness goals. I'd love to run the whole thing!
- Complete Daniel Fast.
- Create a workout schedule and stick to it!!
How do you want to start off 2016? Are there any unfinished goals that are crossing over into the new year with you?
Happy New Year!!!