Are you a last minute Christmas shopper like my wonderful husband? Do you wait until the last few days before Christmas to do all your shopping for your family and friends? If you are someone who lives on the edge like this and you are brave enough to enter the the mall AKA the war zone during this 11th hour, then here are some tips to help you win the battle of the last minute shopping sickness...
- Eat a good meal. You can't go into battle on an empty stomach.
- Check for coupons/deals. There are so many holiday promotions that reward you last minute shoppers. They know you are coming...
- Have a list. Be prepared. Don't go into the mall trying to remember who you have left and what they need.
- Plan ahead. Map out your shopping. The crowds will make your head spin. Know where you are going, so you can be in and out fast.
- Go very early or very late. Be there when the doors open or when they are about to close. Timing is everything!
- Dress in layers. Less is more! Don't go with a big bulky coat that you have to lug around with your bags.
- No big purses or wallets. Travel light.
- No kids!! They will slow you down.
- Have water and snacks for long lines. Just in case you don't get to have that that meal I mentioned above.
- Be patient. You made the decision to wait until the last minute, so don't complain! The lines will be long. There will be rude shoppers and cashiers. Just breathe. You will survive this.
I'm happy to say, I'm done with my shopping. It is always my goal to stay clear of the stores this week, but I know lots of people who are still shopping and I tilt my hat to you bold and brave warriors. Go with cheer and a song in your heart. You have to have a good attitude or you'll have a breakdown. You can do this! I have faith in you. BTW this Walmart commercial cracks me up...
11th hour shopper--that's you!! Good luck!!