"We are blessed in so many ways; many things we take for granted but we should stop and be thankful each and every day." Catherine Pulsifer
Another Thanksgiving holiday. Another moment in time for us to sit and reflect on what blessings we are most grateful for. What I love about this time of year is that people stop to focus on those blessings that tend to get taken for granted. Imagine a world where people appreciated what they had and stopped focusing on what they didn't have? A world where everyday is Thanksgiving sounds like a fantasy, but a girl can dream right??
Tweet: Be thankful for what you have; you'll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don't have, you will never, ever have enough. ~Oprah Winfrey
- I'm married!!!! Finally!!! Loving my new title as wife. Still learning the roles and responsibilities, but the benefits package is awesome!
- I'm also thankful for my hubby love. I've truly been blessed with the best. Calvin is such a good man. He can be a headache at times, but I wouldn't have it any other way. He loves me. He cares for me. He adores me. But most of all, he prays for me. What more could I ask for? #winning
- I really love my family. This year my family grew with marriage. Both sides are full of so much love and laughter it's intoxicating!! During our wedding weekend, everyone came together and we had a great time. It was like we'd known each other all our lives.
- I'm grateful for friendship. Over the years, I've come to understand the value of real, genuine friendships. My life had been plagued with people who simply didn't add much to my life. By weeding those "fake-lationships" out, I'm happy with the people I have in my life right now. During the wedding planning process, I learned a lot about the people in my circle. Let's just say, some people didn't get to cross over into my happily ever after. And it's more than okay. At this stage in my life, I'm happier than I've ever been and wouldn't change a thing.
Tweet: Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it. ~William Arthur Ward
- My iPhone is my personal assistant and I love her to death!! My calendar. My reminders. Everything about it keeps my life in order. I'm able to share a calendar with my husband and keep him in order too. He's my most challenging project right now and I'm proud of the progress we have made LOL!!
- I have a strong faith in God. There have been some moments over this past year that have been difficult. Times when I had to throw my hands up and relinquish all to God. He carried me when I thought I couldn't go another step. Everything on this list is all because of God's favor. Keeping Him at the center of my life has kept balance. Like the scripture says, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."
What a year it's been!! I am thankful for this holiday season -- for the food I'm going to enjoy with no regrets and for the couple days off from work to relax and exhale :-)
So, what are you thankful for this year?