I am excited to announce that I was nominated for the 2015 Liebster Award. Yes I am fabulous, but no I didn't do anything great to win this award other than be a blogger. This is a way for readers to get to know me better and for us to spotlight and network with other fabulous bloggers.
Thanks to my lovely bride sister, Alex, from the "The Berger Bungalow" for this nomination. Alex and I connected last year while we were both planning our weddings and now I am happy to call her a friend. Please check out her fun, feel-good blog for recipes, travel envy and so much more! Funny, I've never met Alex in person, but I’ve grown to love her over the past year. She is cool peeps :-)
Okay here goes...I was asked 11 questions. I will answer the questions here before nominating 11 other aspiring bloggers like myself.
1. What are three of your hobbies?
I love DIY projects, reading and writing/blogging, and can buying lipstick and painting my nails be a hobby too???
2. What is a quote that best represents you?
”I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as heck don't deserve me at my best.” (Marilyn Monroe)
3. Why did you decide to start blogging?
I started my 1st blog in January 2010. It was just a bunch of rambling about my life as a single woman. I used the blog as an outlet, but it turned out to be free therapy. Now I am starting to blog about the new chapter of my life as Mrs. Givens.
4. What are five goals that you want to complete by the start of 2016?
1. Pay off my car. Will be having a "no more car note" party!!!
2. Start eating healthier meals and exercising. Goal is to lose 10lbs.
3. Learn to make 2 new dishes.
4. Save a certain amount of money and make a budget plan for next year.
5. Market and promote my blog and increase following by 25 people.
5. What is one piece of advice for your younger self?
Learn to say no and mean it.
6. Top three favorite blogs?
1. The Berger Bungalow (of course!)
7. What makes you happy?
Music....and lipstick and nail polish :) Oh yeah and my husband LOL!
8. What do you most like about where you live right now?
Living with my husband underneath the same roof. Feels more like home now. Our families are close by too, so that makes life great! I also love that the area we live in is rich in cultural arts, history and nightlife.
9. Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
Even more happy with my family. Husband and 2 children. New home. Hopefully retired or close to it.
10. What's your favorite post that you've written?
"God talks to me at the craziest hours..." This is one of my favs from my singles blog. It wasn't during a high moment in my life, but it was when I made a major shift for the better. It's why I am who I am and where I am today. Because of FAITH.
11. What would your perfect day look like?
In bed all day with Netflix, all my favorite snacks and drinks and foods, no cell phone. Just quiet and no one needing me for anything. That would be awesome!
Thanks for taking the time to read my answers. I hope this blog gave you a better sense of who I am. This was fun and I appreciate the opportunity to share a piece of me with you. Thanks again, Alex, for the nomination. Now it's my turn to pay it forward and I nominate the following people:
Note: Okay, so I'm new to this and have no idea who to nominate yet LOL! Will be adding to this list as I build my network of blog friends :-)
Instructions for Nominees:
- Create a blog post on your site, answering the question I have provided below.
- In your post, be sure to link back to the blog that nominated you (that's me!!) with a thank you and a special shout-out.
- After completing the questions, add a section for your nominees.
- List 11 other bloggers with under 200 followers. Provide them with these instructions and give them an additional 11 questions to answer.
- Notify your nominees and provide a link to your post, so they know what to do.
- When you’re all finished, come back here and comment with the link to your post, so I can read your answers.
- What is your favorite meal to cook? Please share the recipe.
- What are you most looking forward to this fall?
- What is your favorite TV show?
- What is your best holiday memory?
- If you were a dessert, what would you be?
- Why did you start blogging?
- If you could meet anyone (dead or alive) who would it be?
- What’s your favorite place you’ve ever visited and why?
- What is your favorite song?
- If you could go back in time and change 1 event, what would it be?
Have fun! Can't wait to read your posts!